Thursday, July 1, 2010

Les plaisirs de l'hiver

You know how your mother always told you to wear socks in winter? Or ugg boots? Well, mine did.

But once my feet are cold, they don't warm up with just socks. So I would have this phenomenon every time I took my socks off - they were as cold as a packet of frozen peas. This is after an entire day of wearing freaking thermal socks.

Yeah, so I might have bad circulation. But um, I have shortbread, so nerrrrh. Anyway, the only way I have ever been able to remedy what I call pea-feet (yeah, I don't actually say that) is to expose them to things which give off heat. You know: heaters, baths, showers, or (if you're particularly lucky) human skin.

Ah yes, we all know the "Is my hand cold?" line. It's schadenfreude at it's best. Now try it with feet. Sure, it's a little harder to do. But don't you enjoy a challenge? Creep your foot up someone's pant-leg. Casually lie with your feet near someone's abdomen (on the couch or something) and slip them under a jumper. Or, if you want the fifty-pointer, go for the neck (no hints here).

I mean, you don't want to get frostbite.

No comments:

Post a Comment