Saturday, September 25, 2010

And still I am haunted...

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.

- Matthew 5:9


I once threw the keys into the neighbour's yard.

In my defence, I was a child. Not that that absolves me. I've made a scene on more than one occasion. I'm usually the first to scream. But if I didn't scream, someone else would have.

It's easy to seem like the better person if you avoid confrontation. It's kind of like a game of emotional chicken. If you both stay quiet too long, the problem will consume both of you and destroy the relationship you had. And the person who opens their mouth first will get the blame for screaming.

It's really dependent on who will lay aside their pride, and fight for the relationship (be it a friendship, a family relationship, or a sexual one). I have always been quick to scream. Not because I have any real moral virtue, but because I cannot stay silent. I am terrible at the game, I was simply born wholly passionate and impulsive.

And so, I'll never be a child of God. I am destined only to scream others into heaven.




So yeah anyway, insomnia strikes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment